Sunday, June 28, 2009

en route to cairo....top 10 things i love about queen alia airport


I'm on my way for a brief trip to Cairo, and I'm simply amazed at the ease of travel here. So I thought I'd share the top ten reasons why I love Queen Alia International Airport:

10. World News Cafe with coffee, tea, snacks and BBC World News in high definition.

9. Cinnabon. Enough said.

8. Very friendly people and service.

7. No lines.

6. No smoking. Everywhere else in Amman people are smoking: restaurants, cafes, taxis, but not at the airport.

5. Expansive, shiny duty free shops filled with every over-priced thing I could possibly not need or want.

4. Easy access plugs for my computer.

3. Very easy security. No need to take my laptop out of the bag, or present my liquids, or remove my shoes and belt. I realize people might think this is scary, but come on, how secure do you really think U.S. airports are? They're a hassle just for appearances. And I did get a quick pat-down here by a nice woman - nope, no weapons on me.

2. Express check-in and bus service from Amman to the airport for $5. This is awesome. Rather than pay $30 for a taxi, I can check my bags and print my boarding pass at the City's offsite Royal Jordanian terminal. 45 minutes later (including wait time), I'm at the terminal. Taxi takes 30-40 minutes anyway. An exclusive service for Royal Jordanian customers.

1. Free high-speed wireless Internet! Take that Charles De Gaulle's 15 Euro wireless Internet service. I'm snapping and uploading photos and writing this blog as I wait for my flight to board.

No comments: